Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

at least they redirected it away from the window lol

Attachments

• spring 2.jpg
    spring 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 119
The support bracket looks a lot newer than the flue ... hmmmmm! What did you do mate, turn it up-over :lol:

The support bracket looks a lot newer than the flue ... hmmmmm! What did you do mate, turn it up-over :lol:

was not sure so spoke to gas safe who said as long as the analyser reading is ok and its operating ok ncs.

ant

Is that not an adaption to the flue? It can't be as per manufacturers instructions?
and there isn't adequate clearance around the flue terminal.

Isnt no more than a DIy plummage kit???
Its prob not per as MI's but as stated if combustion is good poc's are clearly being removed from the window . i would have thought ncs imho but would also on advice to cust would want to sort it.

In this scenario yes as if its the appropriate flue designed for that specific boiler ,the bracket is not appropriate imho ,Is it any different than going say verticle then using an elbow to in the loft to make an appropriate termination??
If its safe and then correct flue is used and combustion correct nothing is showing signs of distress in this scenario why go above ncs??
Gas safe obviously state the same ,imo the O.P done correct thing to conyact gas safe i would have prob done same for second opinion but i can clearly see why they say its ncs

I'd laugh out loud personally and then as long as it was working safely; make the responsible person aware of my concerns. My main one would be that the flue is not suitable for external installations I'd imagine :) I was joking about turning the flue vertical Ant, by-the-way! It's none condensing by the looks so would be a stupid thing to do :)

I'd also probably drive away after NCS thinking should I have erred on the side of caution and maybe AR'd it!!! Then shrugged my shoulders and continued to the next job!

I'd laugh out loud personally and then as long as it was working safely; make the responsible person aware of my concerns. My main one would be that the flue is not suitable for external installations I'd imagine :) I was joking about turning the flue vertical Ant, by-the-way! It's none condensing by the looks so would be a stupid thing to do :)

I'd also probably drive away after NCS thinking should I have erred on the side of caution and maybe AR'd it!!! Then shrugged my shoulders and continued to the next job!

i was thinking of ar . made landlord aware of my concernes doubt anything will be done .

ant

i was thinking of ar . made landlord aware of my concernes doubt anything will be done .

ant

As long as you'e documented the fact that you've observed the concern mate, the onus is then placed squarely on the custards shoulders!! Well that'd be unless blokes in wigs are involved!!! THEN you have to PROVE reasons for actions taken... :)

I thought 2 flueing or ventilation NCS equalled an AR or at least it used to. I reckon there are more than 2 NCS there personally, worst being clearance of terminal. I can't see it causing any real risk any time soon though to be fair apart from looking silly!

As long as you'e documented the fact that you've observed the concern mate, the onus is then placed squarely on the custards shoulders!! Well that'd be unless blokes in wigs are involved!!! THEN you have to PROVE reasons for actions taken... :)
how did you get on with that one you had issues with mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock