Discuss Flue Dripping on Patio - Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

masagudu

Hi folks,

Hope somebody can help me with this query. We have a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior combi boiler. Works well but I think the flue has not been installed correctly as it drips onto the patio, especially in this cold weather. From what I've read I think they should be installed at a slight angle so the condensation can run back to the boiler but our looks to be horizontal and our patio is suffering. I've included a few pictures to show you what I mean.

What can I do to stop this? Sure there must be a spare part to up the angle.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Regards

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_7139.jpg
    IMG_7139.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7140.jpg
    IMG_7140.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 35
During the summer the flue will need to come off and a bit more brickwork chiselling off above the flue so the angle can be increased. Nothing you can do at the moment other than putting a bucket underneath!

Thanks for the quick reply! Would you advise using a deflector to increase the angle at the end of the flue until I get it fixed? I've just had a look at it and I can change the direction of the end piece to point to 1 o'clock instead of 3 o'clock. Advice appreciated.

Mark

Agree with WHPES - just needs the angle raising, also by the look of it its took close to the drainpipe aswell

I was about to say that but although the recommendations state 300mm, judging by the length of it and the fact it is quite exposed lolcation I don't think it's anything to get overly concerned about.

Last edited:
didnt know less than 300mm to cast iron soil stack was a problem?.

As a temporary measure, you can adjust the angle of the end nozzel, can you see in the picture there is a split in the middle of the end tube which is at about 45 degrees?, undo the 2 screws on the end of the nozzel and twist the nozzel to make it face upwards.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the great advice. I've just popped outside and made the changes Blackcatgas recommended (see pictures). Probably worth sharing just in case anybody else has a similar problem. Will change the angle when the weather gets a bit better.

Thanks once again!

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_7145.jpg
    IMG_7145.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7144.jpg
    IMG_7144.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 29
no this dont cut it for me either but threads like this are getting boring,i get sick of explaining you can not stop the flue dripping as BCG says 100% the reasons for this are simple,its a condensing boiler,so there fore you will get condensate/plumage coming trough the flue every he boiler regardless of make has a fan fitted to it push p.o.c.s out the flue along with water vapour hence the drip.it cant be stopped

about the same as trying to stop your car exhaust blowing out water vapor in the mornings

and if you want a solution tescos are selling buckets cheap LOL

REDSAW
didnt know less than 300mm to cast iron soil stack was a problem?
It isn't but the recommendations don't distinguish.

Siting a non-condensing boiler flue next to a plastic soil stack, with a potential flue temp of 200 degrees plus, the potential problem is obvious.

Last edited:
MI say 150mm from a soil/drain pipe. White pipe indoors black pipe outside (only exception when fitted under eaves, but depends on MI's). Angle probably causing dripping on patio. Spirit of the MI's; it does not comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Dripping on Patio - Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock