Search the forum,

Discuss Flue and vented eaves... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
How far below does the flue have to go away from these eaves? Or is it actually best to run the flue past the eaves. Cheers 20160419_095813.jpg

So just spoke to technical and they said I need to block the vents up 600mm either side of the flue. So I am guessing a bit of plastic weathering strip siliconed on. Any ideas what I can use? Also in the logic + manual it says you can be 25mm away from the eaves and then says one reduction per run. Even says 25mm from an internal corner? I forgot to ask the guy but I have not noticed it before

Imagine the flue is in a corner next to eaves. Only one of the 2 could be 25mm

Thanks for clearing that up. But, it can be that close to the eaves without a heatshield?

If within 25 mm you need to extend past gutters by 25mm

if your using that existing hole then just extend flue past the eaves job done :). Sometimes just go with your instinct. I find that the minimum distance below eaves the plume still goes under the eaves so i tend to extend past.

Last edited:
Closure plate cut to size and screwed to the underside of the eaves

The flue can go 25mm from eaves/soffits etc. The issue is the soffit vents which flue must be at least 300mm from.
As long as you block off any ventilation opening within 300mm of flue you are good to go.
As mentioned a bit of plastic weather strip siliconed on will do. Stick a couple screws in to be on safe side.

The flue can go 25mm from eaves/soffits etc. The issue is the soffit vents which flue must be at least 300mm from.
As long as you block off any ventilation opening within 300mm of flue you are good to go.
As mentioned a bit of plastic weather strip siliconed on will do. Stick a couple screws in to be on safe side.

I have researched plastic weather strip and cannot find much. What about gorilla weathering tape? Seems like some strong tape?

if your using that existing hole then just extend flue past the eaves job done :). Sometimes just go with your instinct. I find that the minimum distance below eaves the plume still goes under the eaves so i tend to extend past.[/QUOT

Not using existing hole as it is too close to window. Now it is 200mm below eaves. Do ideal say it is ok to use standard flue externally like that or a plume kit

if your using that existing hole then just extend flue past the eaves job done :). Sometimes just go with your instinct. I find that the minimum distance below eaves the plume still goes under the eaves so i tend to extend past.
not that straightforward sadly,lots of manuf now saying no white on show so vents need blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue and vented eaves... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock