Discuss fitting an extra pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonesy60

Hi I have a snooker club with 14 600 by 2000 double rads running off a baxi combi boiler that keeps losing water through the blow off i am going to fit a second expansion vessel because I think that's the problem. I also have a problem with the one leg that has 9 rads on I can't get the heat to the last 3 no matter how much i balance the system. Now to the question can I put a second pump in and pull a cable back to the boiler so that they run together and should i put it on the flow or return many thanks.

boiler is under sized mate 14 x2000/600 doubles is about160000 btus you need another boiler

Last edited:
I agree that the boiler is to small but it is all i have to work with I have tried to tell him but he wont spend the money. But would that explain why the water wont reach the furthest rads, if they where luke warm then yes but they are stone cold.

Possibly a bigger pump too and maybe cleaning out pipework and those last 3-4 radiators.

Sounds so simple sitting here in my arm chair. Bet it's not when you're stood there looking at the system.

If I close the leg that has5 rads on the 9 get hot so i wanted to fit an extra pump to move the water around the system this place has sixteen tables 4 wide 4 long so you can imagine the distances of pipework

if you try adding an extra pump dont wire it to the boiler it will fry the board due to the extra load on start up

Adding an additional pump can causes problems.

Get to the root of the problem - undersized pipework? pump too small?

Contact the manufacturer - I have fitted additional pumps to all sorts of boilers, some vaillant boilers have an additional terminal on the board for pumps, so it is driven from the boiler board, so does not affect the other mechanics of the boiler. This boiler might have similar provision.

Also check the system is two-pipe - if its one pipe there could be problems - once went to a 10K refurb of a hotel heating system, but many of the rads failed to work - it was a simple as the rad valves which were used (not suitable for one-pipe systems, which require low resistance valves).

Other cheap knacks that may make a difference is over-dosing the chemical inhibitor - this reduces friction in the pipes and liquids improve velocity, thus compensating for undersized pipework. Or service the existing pump and check there are no blockages in the impellors and that it is running smoothly - grunfos can type pumps can be easily serviced by knocking out the can - contact manufacturer for full details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting an extra pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock