Discuss First fix pipe work! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ADM360

Hi all.

What do you do?

You've put in your fist fix pipe work, be for rads or hot and cold feeds, all set out and fixed in place ready for chippy/ builder to fit the timber floor down, you return to site for the second fix and your pipe are now not in the right place, could be only a few mm's but they don't come out the floor straight and you look like a jerk as the pipes to the rad are bent.

do you fit applances and hope it dosen't look to bad!!
down tools tell the chippy/ builder to sort out his mess!!
Find your best chisel in the bottom of the box ( you know the one you beat the hole though the wall for the waste last week) and set to on the floor!!

any thoughts!!

Last edited by a moderator:
set to on the floor and then get the chippy to fix his mess lol

Its not your fault if someone else cocks up your work. Its happened to me a couple of times. I've not been happy about it but just fixed the radiators anyway. A few mm doesn't mean its going to leak, it just means it will look crap.

There is a tool which clamps to the wall and you can set it to hold your tails in place (to prevent this).

Or you could knock up some of your own.

There is a tool which clamps to the wall and you can set it to hold your tails in place (to prevent this).

All well and good till the chippy removes it to drop his floor over the pipe!! cause there helpfull like that!!

wait until the next project and put water in the pipes, wait until he is there and take the cap off, covering him in water, then run like mad.

or ask him to help you cut a pipe, that is full.

This is where Estwing multi drills come in handy. You also need a bad attitude and a short fuse to get away with this and claim a day rate for your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First fix pipe work! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back