Discuss F & E ball valve faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazza7772002

I need to replace the ball valve in the F & E tank in the loft, but it has no isolation valves, any ideas how I can do this.........

you will need to isolate the cold at the incoming tap, (usually under the kitchen sink but not always)
or failing that at the street, failing that freeze the pipe.
fit a tap to the pipe supplying the float valve then replace the float valve

turn mains off under kitchen sink or where ever it is located, then away you go

beat me grrr lol

Turn on the outside tap and the kitchen cold tap fully to reduce the pressure then jump it.

Or if your brave do it live full bore
Lol nothing better to learn to get speed up lol

Not easy if your wearing specs cos the spray of water stops you finding the washer which is either at the bottom if the tank or on the other side of the loft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to F & E ball valve faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock