Currently reading:
Ever used a restorer for cracked sink?

Discuss Ever used a restorer for cracked sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I know you can get repair kits but I'm not very good at fine and dainty things.

Cracked a basin fairly badly trying to bust off some taps installed by satan himself. It's basically still in one piece with one small chip missing but a long serious of cracks down one side.

It's an unusual, very old funny shaped basin that fits neatly on these ancient wall brackets on a dodgy looking wall. Basically if I can get the basin repaired it would much preferable to finding a replacement.

Had a bit of trouble finding a dedicated restorer for this type of thing anywhere near me but do you reckon if I phone up some antiques and furniture restorers I might get lucky?

And if you were to guess a price?

Cracked basin,wall brackets,sound dangerous,have a nice scar on may right arm from a broken basin,replace,if is splits and someone is hurt and its found you repaired could be big do-do

Or you could go to expense of repairing then when you tighten new taps basin cracks all the way through any way
Repairs ok for chips not cracks that will run and break section off

If happened while trying to remove taps thats life,have to explain to customer,tried your best but new basin required,next time worn them before maybe

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it. I suspect you're right.

Looks like I best go on a mission to find a flat bottomed basin that'll fit the brackets. Lots of wasted time and a £150 quid down the drain here I come..

pulled a cracked basin off the wall years back, noticed blood everywhere and it took a while to realise the basin had opened up my arm painlessly but red goo spurting well on the white tiles, bit like a reservoir dogs set. took ages to heal, and hurt like hell for a few days after, should have got the cut stiched up. Never trust cracked porcelain, use thick gloves and v long thick sleeves. Not worth the risk leaving a cracked item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ever used a restorer for cracked sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back