Search the forum,

Discuss En-suite Shower waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

depotman

We have had an en-suite shower for about 8 years and in the last 6-12 months it has started to drain VERY slowly. I have tried plunging and various sink unblockers to help clear it but to no avail.

I ma now trying to understand how it works but realise that i may need to remove the whole shower tray and get to the outlet plumbing underneath. One thing i don't understand is that whe i remove the large plastic disc on the top i expected to see a pipe type outlet with a side exit, but there appears to be a pipe across the vertical outlet from the shower. I'm not sure what it is or whether it is part of the problem.

Can anyone help me so that there is a chance i won't need to remove half the bathroom to sort things out??

Thanks.

Does the waste of the shower have a circular grating at its centre ?
F47242_wpdp.jpg

No, the disc is solid with the water entering under the edge and the outlet is open - see photo

IMG_0689[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0691[1].jpg
    IMG_0691[1].jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
That's the likely problem, it's fishing time !!!!!!!! LOL
This is one of my favourite jobs as a plumber, finger in (oh alright put a rubber glove on if you must). Some of them have a centre section that can be removed but your one doesn't look like it has, so you may need a bit of wire or one of them flexible bottle type brushes to go around the pipe give it a good old clean it is most likely hair & soap.

Thank you, will give it a go.

What does the pipe through the middle do though?

i think it may be part of the trap that has dislodged itself, like a cup that sits in the trap?

i think it may be part of the trap that has dislodged itself, like a cup that sits in the trap?

The trap looks ok, it looks to me like a Mira low level vortex trap. See how you get on with fishing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to En-suite Shower waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock