Discuss ELSON CORAL E 150litre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmgas

Gas Engineer
Hi I am looking for some advise on this water heater please. The blend valve is leaking (90000010) is it just a case of isolating cold mains and opening taps hot/cold to drain of water to be able to change this part without having a bath ?. I have Got part on order for next week ,is there any potential problems that I may encounter or is it just as easy as it looks?.:rolleyes2: many thanks mark.

mark providing you have correct valve, its very straight forward , providing everything comes apart, i am guessing your new valve is a heatguard , it should come with some adaptors and seals. Make sure they are there before you start

Thanks for your reply, I have ordered the part of the part number off the unit from plum base. They said it was a baxi part ?. I have looked at a photo of it and it has three 22mm unions with a adapter down to 15mm for the hot water output at the rear. fingers crossed.

yes mate , that sounds like the one, depending on the age of your cylinder it may have a different one fitted, either one will fit.

Thanks again ,
The unit was installed in September 2007 , Are they prone to these faults after 7 years?.
thanks mark

its classed as a maintenance part/ wearable part

I would have said its about right (ish) for one installed in 07. The new valves (heatguard) dont last as long as the original Gummers valves, but they are no longer available.
You can buy a reconditioning kit for the heatgaurds. I have never used one though, its just not worth the agro if it goes wrong for a customers , so I always fit new ones.
A tip for your coral e , if the unit stats to bubble up anywhere near the drain off cock area or just to the side of it.........its time to change it , lol. I have looked after a place for over 10 years what had 56 coral E 's in it, i know them pretty well lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ELSON CORAL E 150litre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back