Search the forum,

Discuss Electric wet central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MM65

Has anybody fitted or had experience with the inline electric boiler

hi, post some links to the appliance your looking at so we have more information please, you will prob get better responces.

welcome to thr forum.

Yes. They can be a solution for heating a small flat but they cost a fortune to run in comparison to gas or oil

Yes i've fitted them aswell,they are very easy to fit and work very well,don't know the life expectancy of them though,but would be a doddle to change,perfect for flats without gas

Yes i've fitted them aswell,they are very easy to fit and work very well,don't know the life expectancy of them though,but would be a doddle to change,perfect for flats without gas
Had various customers already with broken pump over runs. Telling them the price for the new PCB fitted usually had more effect than peeling onions.
Only few have the overrun on a seperate board.
You need to be carefull with the tariff you are using.
Better is the usage of an heat store unless you are trying to heat a large uninsulated house. I know all-electric 2 Bedroom Flats which have average ÂŁ40 energy cost with the built in heat store. Because of the nature of the building there were no flues, aerials and so on allowed. But obviously it works great for the customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a customer with one, I'm ripping it out later in the month, and she's having night storeage put back in, she was getting bills of over ÂŁ600 per quarter through last winter!

Flippin Eck :shocked3:did'nt know they cost that much to run,wondered why they never took off

Very popular or should I say needed in city centre apartments.

As for the cost then yes both to run and repair would leave you in amazement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric wet central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock