Currently reading:
electric shower for cold from a tank and hot from combi

Discuss electric shower for cold from a tank and hot from combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danny_090

can anyone recommend an electric shower which can accept cold from a tank and hot from a combi. I know about the pressure difference but just seeing if theres any

I'm confused Danny_090.

Electric showers only have a cold feed.

this is a pumped electric shower. it was run of a cylinder and tank but she had a new combi and it started leaking, do I get the same one or different

The pumped ones do. Feeds need to be balanced. I.e unvented and cold headder . Don't fit an electric one u twonk ! Thermostatic mixer!!!!

(Vented)

Sounds like a pumped shower that's been left in after a combi install. Needs either an electric off the cold mains or a shower valve off the mains hot and cold.

this is what she had before it stated leaking. Triton Thermostatic Power Shower Flexible White / Chrome | NoLinkingToThis

OK, I understand now, not an electric shower at all - except in the sense that the integral pump needs power.

No, I dont think any of the integral pumped units will be happy with high pressure on either side.

Why not just use a thermostatic mixer and run the cold main to it as well as the combi fed hot?

I know that im seeing if anyone knows if any manufactures do it like that or not

looks like I will do that or just a normal electric shower from the mains just take the main from the tank to the showr

Think u need a plumber! A standard electric shower on a headder tank??

looks like I will do that or just a normal electric shower from the mains just take the main from the tank to the showr

you will need a sparky to run a deadicated circuit to a new electric shower. I think your leaking pumped shower prob only has a 3amp supply?

only problem is there missing a tile where the shower was and the pipes are located next to each other, small job turning into a big one

only problem is there missing a tile where the shower was and the pipes are located next to each other, small job turning into a big one

Unfortunately, yes - but the job was created by whoever put the combi in, not realising that it would mess up the shower.

This story has a ring of familiarity about it. I seem to remember a member of the public coming on and getting the same diagnosis a couple of months ago. Wonder if its the same job?

I know it is but I need to correct it, it was a company who r in and out in a day and never want to come back

exactly the same as what I have here. I didn't know it was tank fed until I turned the water off and it still came out. I will get a thermostatic mixer and surface mount the pipes hopefully they don't mind as it doesn't look nice but its better then ripping tiles off

companies that leave cold water tanks in when fitting a combi are the pits it should be mandatory to dis the tank and cross the main ove,r part of the benchmark

they apparently took the tank out and the shower didn't work so they put it back in then it started leaking a day later

U can fix it with a surface mounted thermostatic mixer and some pipework. Tile is easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric shower for cold from a tank and hot from combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock