Discuss Dumb question from a spark.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fitting a Triton thermostatic mixer shower in my son's flat. The mixer valve has 3/4" BSP female outlets. I planned to use 15mm x 3/4" male elbows, but...... When I screw in the elbows, they don't end up in the downward facing position I want. There's got to be an obvious answer (apart from calling in a plumber:blush5:)?
Cheers.

Do you mean female thread in wall. Or are you mounting on wall and running pipes up exposed. A pic would help

With nothing on the thread wind it on and count how many turns till tight. Wind it back till it's where you want it deduct that from your total turns.

Ptfe the thread about 16 wraps and wind her in the required turns.

Can also use loctite thread sealer to get it set in place if you're worried about movement

this is why we can charge extortionate amounts, you need to start the thread ... so it ends up in the right place, takes years of experience.................... :)

this is why we can charge extortionate amounts, you need to start the thread ... so it ends up in the right place, takes years of experience.................... :)

Thanks all. I did try what gasmanpaul describes, but after a few mins with no success, thought I was being a div! True what they say, "Each to their own".
Yeah, the mixer is wall fixed, designed to be behind the plasterboard, with the supply pipes coming up from below. I told him he should have got an electric shower, these I know about.

not as easy as it looks this plumbing but then if you looked inside some of the junction boxes ive wired i could say the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dumb question from a spark.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock