Search the forum,

Discuss Drill help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

Funds are crap!!

That says it all ey?
So need an sds drill. Need something with more umph than my little 18v makita combi.

But I'm looking at like 200 max. Which means I'm gonna end up with a bag of crap!!

So I can afford a hitachi dh18dsl which is 18v lithium £200

240v makita hr2610/2 2kg sds £150
Or
Bosch 2kg gbh2000 240v £99
Bosch 2kg gb 2-28dv 240v £188
Or
Dewalt 2kg d25013n-gb 240v £99
Dewalt 2.3kg d25013k-gb. £130

Unfortunately that's all the funds will allow at the min. Would you stay clear of te hitachi and get a corded one at this price. And is there any to stay away from here.

I'd love to afford a 24/36v sds but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
All prices are from screwfix

I would go corded. I got bosch blue one a couple of years ago It's a good drill imo. You can get a good corded for that money. It's just the battery ones which you need to sped more on imo. Mainly because the batteries cost so much.

Last edited:
Funds are crap!!

That says it all ey?
So need an sds drill. Need something with more umph than my little 18v makita combi.

But I'm looking at like 200 max. Which means I'm gonna end up with a bag of crap!!

So I can afford a hitachi dh18dsl which is 18v lithium £200

240v makita hr2610/2 2kg sds £150
Or
Bosch 2kg gbh2000 240v £99
Bosch 2kg gb 2-28dv 240v £188
Or
Dewalt 2kg d25013n-gb 240v £99
Dewalt 2.3kg d25013k-gb. £130

Unfortunately that's all the funds will allow at the min. Would you stay clear of te hitachi and get a corded one at this price. And is there any to stay away from here.

I'd love to afford a 24/36v sds but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
All prices are from screwfix

Buy a screw fix special for £45 3 years RTB warranty and put £145 in pot for upgrade !

Buy a screw fix special for £45 3 years RTB warranty and put £145 in pot for upgrade !

I hear ya!! But I'm sick of having rubbish in my hands. I'd rather something that makes you feel just a little bit professional.

I'm thinking towards the makita for 150 but then the Bosch is 50 quid cheaper.

I'd love the hitachi but worried it won't have any guts and I'd be sorry I bought it.

No experience with dewalt........decisions decisions!!

I used to have a dewalt nicad sds- one of apprentices has it now its a nice bit of kit but batteries are...... What impact driver u got at moment? Can u not buy bare sds, then add batteries later? Buy hitachi and if poop just take it back for refund - 14 days to return if goods not as described?

http://bit.ly/13PzRnl

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a dewalt nicad sds- one of apprentices has it now its a nice bit of kit but batteries are...... What impact driver u got at moment? Can u not buy bare sds, then add batteries later? Buy hitachi and if poop just take it back for refund - 14 days to return if goods not as described?

http://bit.ly/13PzRnl

I've got a nicad 18v makita that only cost me a ton. Not the best but its done well for what I spent. Need more power now. I've got a screwfix special 5kg sds that I use for coring but its to big for throwing around all day long

Buy a corded sds. Even the cheapest corded will beat any cordless, even hilti's.

I must have spent over 60k on tools and only ever had one 24v cordless (a hilti te5) which the batteries have long since given up and now last about 10 minutes.
Get yourself a 110v corded and a couple of extensions and you can drag the drill all over any house you ever work in.

Save your cash for something better like a cast topped [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scheppach[/FONT] table saw :wink:

I recently got caught out on a job the lad never put the corded sds on only the cordless and drilling through 800mm of granite type stone for a outside tap it never had a chance plumbfix was 2 mins down the road so I popped in and got the blue bosch that's on special for 100 cracking little drill!!

I have the larger Dewalt in the van and it has never let me down. I don't use it all the time but it is compact and easier to manoeuvre in tighter spaces.

Try this.
[DLMURL="http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p25821?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping&mkwid=TRx86KB4&pcrid=25046336783&gclid=COTP967yvrkCFcfJtAod0QIAVw"]Toolstation > Clearance > Power Tools > Milwaukee C18PD32 Combi Drill[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 99quid Bosch for those times when my Milwaukee 18v cordless won't quite do it.
Great drill at a great price

bosch 36v or the bad boy hilti 36v at £1K

That would be great advice if I was rich like you!!!! Lol

Think I'm going for the 100quid Bosch corded sds. Getting it tomorrow then need to find something to drill holes into so I can let everyone know how I got on.

Thanks for all input guys........except stan!!

Cheers Kyle :) you made me smile at 21:32pm :) lolol

Get the may expensive drill pal , you will tank me one day for this wise add advice

Thanks for the lovely post , really put a smile on me face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drill help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all I'm after a 240v sds drill to drill 25mm holes for blow offs ect. I've got a 18v makita sds brushless I've been using for this for the past year but it seems to be damaging it which obviously its not designed for this so if any one can recommend a decent drill not really bothered about...
Replies
Views
My old 850W Bosch SDS seems to have lost some of its punch after 8 years of abuse (mainly mixing plaster!) I want to buy another drill with my scrap money (will be around £200). Drill will be a stand by and will continue to use the old one until it dies...
Replies
Views
B
well had my Hitachi DH26PX 2kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 830W a few months now and more impressed with it than the Makita - my only question is why do hitachis run slower In reverse
Replies
Views
buckley plumb
B
DeWalt D25323K-GB 3.4kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | SDS Plus 3 Function | NoLinkingToThis seems a ok price! want a drill light enough to fix clips and rads , as well as sinking pipes and coring a few wastes holes (kitchen sinks and bathrooms mainly) and i think i narrowed it dow to...
Replies
Views
B
DeWalt D25013ORG-GB 2kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | NoLinkingToThis# is this drill any good don't normaly like dewalt but my aeg is playing up
Replies
Views
Plum Bob 66
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock