Discuss Domestic Hot Water Booster Pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shagga27

Hi, I am looking at getting a "Domestic hot water booster pump" as I have a low pressure system in the house and the hot water (only) just trickles out of the upstairs taps :sad:. I am looking at a "Grundfos Alpha2 15/50 Domestic Circulator Bare Pump" . Is this the correct type of booster pump as it says "Grundfos Central Heating Pumps" ? as I only want it for the hot water system only. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks Gary.

[video=youtube;3uqydsCgJWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uqydsCgJWw[/video]No Garry,

A Alpha 2 is a heating system circulating pump it does not provide much pressure on the discharge side on the pump, you need a booster pump which may produce 3 or 4 bar of pressure, blow your hat off at 100 yards, Watermill by Grundfos. Its twin hot and cold you may as well do both. Love this USA version, hey and neat and tidy plumbers too, don't you chaps get any ideas about the Mapress fittings, push fit plastic heee rules OK in UK

untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, The "Watermill by Grundfos" is much to large, I haven't got the space and I am after a Single Impeller only. Looking at something the same size as the Grundfos Alpha2 15/50 Domestic Circulator Bare Pump. Can you recommend anything like this one ? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic Hot Water Booster Pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just...
Replies
Views
C
Hi everyone, My flat is located next to a communal boiler with a hot water circulator pump ( Grundfos UPS 15-50N Secondary Hot Water Circulator...
Replies
Views
ChristineLondon
C
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock