Discuss Do clipped pipes need felt? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I get felt (or something equally as appropriate) to wrap around the pipe before I glue & screw flooring down? I tried B&Q but they didn't seem to know what I was after, so maybe I asked for the wrong thing.

And once I've wrapped something around the pipes, do I need to clip them back down or can they just rest in the notches to expand at their heart's content?

Incidentally, when taking up the old floorboards in another room a few months ago, I saw that when the heating was installed (presumably when the house was first built) the pipes were just sat in the notches on little carpet offcuts. Are there any good reasons for not doing this now?

Same as using hair felt lagging and wrapping the pipe it in

This would work

Spiral Wrap x 50mm x 7.5m

It's to allow fir expansion and contraction so you don't get the tap tap or banging noises

You can get carpet underlay (the cheapest kind) made from scraps of recycled wool (melted into a sheet of plastic?) that would probably work. I have used it to lag before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do clipped pipes need felt? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking to install my new washing machine. The waste pipe was clipped round the back of the machine during transit. It popped out of some of...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock