Discuss Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, either 2yrs or 7yrs, that's Exactly what the boiler company told me, Mine is 2 yrs

the installer promised 5yrs and said it's from a creditor so I trusted it.

So now should I get the installer pay me back the difference (between 5yrs and 2 yrs), or, should I just finger cross think he is still able to get me the 5yrs warranty somehow? Would there be such a thing so called creditor to boost the default 2yrs to 5 yrs (or in another word he is not telling the true)?

what picture do you need btw?

Just of the install, pipe work , flue etc

boiler locates in the loft room without any lighting will try to take some today by using a torch.

It's not sounding great as a boiler should be installed in the loft with permanent lighting

really it's like that when I moved in and had the old ones, during the recent boiler installation we use a floor lamp.

Rules is rules Mate. There is supposed to be a permanent ladder fitted, proper flooring, permanent lighting and a handrail I believe. Just because the old one doesn't have it there is no excuse for the new one not to be installed to Regs

Think you need to look up what the requirements are now, Down to you if any one has a accident wile working on your boiler, Your installer should have explained what the safety / installation requirements are for Boilers in roof space.

It speaks volumes when The benchmark isn't filled out please give us some photos and we can give you some constructive advice

1st register your boiler or you will lose the 2 years, (Void if benchmark not filled in) 2nd Call Gas Safe and see if boiler has been Notified you will get a certificate from them (Needed if you plan to sell your house) So its either installer has seen you off Or you have done install your self,

1st register your boiler or you will lose the 2 years, (Void if benchmark not filled in) 2nd Call Gas Safe and see if boiler has been Notified you will get a certificate from them (Needed if you plan to sell your house) So its either installer has seen you off Or you have done install your self,

Thanks for the info. so for sure I would get 2 yrs at most, not 5 yrs warranty as mentioned earlier in this post right? I am not aware of the gas safe certificate either and will look into it. feel gutted

Thanks for the info. so for sure I would get 2 yrs at most, not 5 yrs warranty as mentioned earlier in this post right? I am not aware of the gas safe certificate either and will look into it. feel gutted

You will not even get the 2 years if Benchmark information HAS NOT been filled in all manufactures are insisting that this is done ! Quite simple NO Benchmark NO Warranty, this is done for your own protection & to insure that installation has been fitted by a Gas Safe installer, Please note that even worse , is that your House insurance may now be Void.

I would be checking the fitters credentials

I wouldn't hold your breath there is absolutely no reason to not fill it out when installibg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back