Currently reading:
Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company?

Discuss Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cidfenmaria

Hope some experienced installer here could advise me:

I had a new combi boiler installed last month and I bought 5 yrs warranty from an installer. When I rang the boiler company they said I could only get 2 yrs for that specific model, I then asked the installer why he said that's because he'll need to register for me through a creditor (which I am not sure what it is) The installer also said he'll forward that warranty to me soon.

The above happened a few weeks ago however I am no longer able to get hold of the guy. I am a bit concerned because the offical time to register is running out (30 days says on the boiler booklet). Now should I bite the bullet to ring the boiler company to get 2 yrs (instead of 5 yrs that I paid) base on my position.

thanks I understand the filter now. what is wrong with tectite and prvs, I dont know what/where they are as Im not a pro in this field. what should they look in a correct way. I'd like to mark this down have in mind for when someone's coming if that's possible.

Don't worry, thy may be fine, Gassafe will advise you when they visit.

Still convinced this is a DIY job, OP seems reluctant to chase it up , Bet he hasn't even called Gas Safe yet . He's only after warranty

Basically we are querying if certain fittings are suitable for the excessive temperatures involved. As it sounds like you are getting someone else in just mention it to them. They will understand

Basically we are querying if certain fittings are suitable for the excessive temperatures involved. As it sounds like you are getting someone else in just mention it to them. They will understand

just looked there fine 10 bar at 114 (temp)

but would never use them on anything

Cheers Shaun, I've never bought any, only time I've used them was when I fitted some
Discrete heat skirting boards and they are supplied.

tbh finding them more and more bloody push fit, least with plastic you can dismount with no special tools :D

I don't use tectite but there is nothing wrong with the application its the lack of ability & quality with the install that's really in question

The install is dog rough. There's note tying away from it

update:
Gas Safe has checked and suggested it requires reinstall also opened a case against the previous installer. I booked a gas engineer to sort it out. Stressful but believe all will be sorted. Next will try trading standard. thank for previous answers from the forum members. it's helpful.

Thank you for the update. Are you able to list the faults just out of curiosity

update:
Gas Safe has checked and suggested it requires reinstall also opened a case against the previous installer. I booked a gas engineer to sort it out. Stressful but believe all will be sorted. Next will try trading standard. thank for previous answers from the forum members. it's helpful.

Was it at risk?

Installation is not up to standard and it's a risk. main issue is that gas pipe is in a wrong size, also some pipe works needed to be corrected. boiler need to be switched off until recommission.

Installation is not up to standard and it's a risk. main issue is that gas pipe is in a wrong size, also some pipe works needed to be corrected. boiler need to be switched off until recommission.
Well I'm glad you got an answer what are they saying about the original installer

same opinion. I feel lucky that original installer disappeared so that I discovered all these and keep safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock