Discuss detach the snorkel on a balanced flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps,

Bit of a bugger today - warm flow Utility 150HE , situated in a garage with a balanced low level flue It has gone sooty so cleaned it up changed nozz etc etc but when doing the flue gas analysis , no matter how much I opened up the air intake I could not get enough air. `the only way I could get satisfactory flue gas readings was to detach the snorkel and let the burner run using air from the garage. Anyone else had similar probs before?

many thanks

dave

strictly speaking it isnt a balanced flue either, just a room sealed one if it sucks air in one part and blows the fumes out the other part..

Also check that when you turned the Allen bolt air adjustment to make sure the wee air door is sliding open. I see a few of them that the threads have stripped on the bolt inside. Take the spigot off and look inside with a torch. Them RDB air adjustment parts are poor.
Also be sure the flue is correct size for that output - ask Warmflow if not sure. I know a Warmflow 150 utility condensing boiler with balanced low level flue that is tending to soot up and Warmflow had previously said wrong flue for this large a boiler and disconnected snorkel apparently.

Last edited:
+1 with best , same with a warm flow utility. , plastic damper wasn't moving when turning Allen key . Stripped down put back together all good then .

sorry guys -should have said...the plastic damper was working fine / not jammed ,..so opened up fully

thanks for all the input fellas - am I OK to let it run now with the snorkel detached

I would be apprehensive about it if the flue seals are knackered you possibly have pocs being discharged into an enclosed area

maybe run a room test with your flugas analyser to check for any co readings

see post 2, if that is the probable issue dont even use the boiler until you have replaced the seals! god almighty mess will await you in a few weeks, plus, if the intake seals are gone you may well kill your customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to detach the snorkel on a balanced flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock