Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss decided not to work for customers "who have had a go myself" anymore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

I have been to so many folks who decide to call you in after their Rayburn/Aga no longer works that I no longer need them for customers. You never know if they have been fiddling again when they call you back, you have to put up with them looking over you shoulder, so they dont need to call you back, they never believe they cause the problems in the first place and finally, they don't like how much you charge.

So today I got the call, you have been recommended, but I understand you may not be cheap, I have moved my oil tank recently and the rayburn no longer works, I do my own servicing but I have taken advice and it still wont work, so can you pop over (55 miles away!)? So I thought, do I need hassle and stress and decided I didnt, so I pleasantly informed the customer that if people fiddle I am no longer interested in working for them as I cant guarantee that when things go wrong later it isnt my fault, so won't work for them any longer. He responded that he didnt mind as he would sort it himself, as it wasnt rocket science. :)

Interesting to see that you would even consider going 55 miles for a job. My absolute limit is about 15-20 miles and if it's near that top end i'll only do it if it's a boiler install. I turn down boiler installs in Bristol fairly often and that's 25 miles. Not worth the hassle getting silly callbacks.

He responded that he didnt mind as he would sort it himself, as it wasnt rocket science. :)

Rocket science is easy. Even I can grasp it, with my limited knowledge of physics and maths.

Its rocket engineering that taxes the brain.

Getting the theory right? 3 points.

Successfully overcoming all the real-world problems and implementing a safe, workable implementation? Five zillion points.

Add to that people who want to supply every last nut and bolt themselves lol.
I knocked a bloke back as he lived 20 mile from a merchants and i couldnt he har'arsed to be back and forth getting the right stuff

Interesting to see that you would even consider going 55 miles for a job. My absolute limit is about 15-20 miles and if it's near that top end i'll only do it if it's a boiler install. I turn down boiler installs in Bristol fairly often and that's 25 miles. Not worth the hassle getting silly callbacks.

I am slowly getting closer and closer to my doorstep15 miles now seems like traveling to the moon these days

lames face probably double-face-palm-33097827235.jpg

I went to a local rayburn once to find it spread out all over the kitchen floor, looked inside at the ceramics which were shot, wrote a warning notice and invoice, handed them over and rang transco to cut off the supply as he refused to pay for something where I hadnt done any work :) Never got any money, but he didnt get any gas for a while either ..................

I went to a local rayburn once to find it spread out all over the kitchen floor, looked inside at the ceramics which were shot, wrote a warning notice and invoice, handed them over and rang transco to cut off the supply as he refused to pay for something where I hadnt done any work :) Never got any money, but he didnt get any gas for a while either ..................

I do enjoy happy endings!

Send them my way :)

one of my other questions now is " is there off road parking" too many wardens around and they murder any profit margins................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to decided not to work for customers "who have had a go myself" anymore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock