Discuss Danfoss RETB thermostat with Glow-worm betacom 28a combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ken t

My combi is the Glow-worm Betacom28a.
There is a link inside the boiler across RT and 24v. This link must be removed and a 24v thermostat can be wired using a 2 wire connection for temperature control.
My question is, will the Danfoss RET-B stat be suitable for switching the boiler on and off whilst controlling the room temperature.
Thanks in anticipating forum members help.

My question is, will the Danfoss RET-B stat be suitable for switching the boiler on and off whilst controlling the room temperature.
I assume it is not the wireless version of the RET-B.

The RET-B is a battery powered stat with volt free terminals, so it can be used with your boiler. Use terminals 2 and 3.

Thanks for your reply doitmyself.
The RET B thermostat is the 2 wire hard wired version, which has three terminals marked as follows

1 = OFF

2 = N/O (normally open)

3 = COMMON

From your reply (connect to 2 and 3) it means that when thermostat is set to call for heat, the N/O contact will close and then open when set temp is reached.
When temperature drops below set temperature the bimetal strip will close contact again.
Is this correct?
Thank you
ken t

The RET B thermostat is the 2 wire hard wired version, which has three terminals marked as follows

1 = OFF
2 = N/O (normally open)
3 = COMMON

From your reply (connect to 2 and 3) it means that when thermostat is set to call for heat, the N/O contact will close and then open when set temp is reached.
When temperature drops below set temperature the bimetal strip will close contact again.
Is this correct?
Yes it is.

Yes it is.

Thanks again doitmyself.
icon14.png

Forum benefits from members such as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Danfoss RETB thermostat with Glow-worm betacom 28a combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock