Discuss customer avoiding paying. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently fitted a boiler for a new customer landlord in a new property hes bought. we agreed on a price on completion of job but he had to leave half way through the job leaving his labourer at the property. When i was about to finish the labourer got a call from his boss saying he wasnt going to be back and to send him my bank details over and hed pay me that day. Its been a week now and he keeps saying he will send me the money that day or the day after but still nothing. This is the first Time this has happened to me how do i go about getting payment from this person.

What does it say in your t&c's on the contract you got him to sign?

I think it doesn't matter too much what agreement you have in writing, if any, because if he decides not to pay you then it's Small Claims Court as last resort.
Just keep asking for the money politely & send an invoice & further statements if not paid.

Do you have an address for him? Go and see him face to face. Far harder for him to bluff you off in person.

Hi there mate, don't panic just yet as only a week, keep contacting him and send him an email or letter staing he has so many days to complete payment,

I always get a 50% deposit upfront which mitigates the risk. Not much you can do in this situation other than small claims court as suggested....but even if you win, you might not get all your money. Having a contract signed, as Croppie suggests, tends to focus the customer and you're less likely to get the crooked customer. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to customer avoiding paying. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock