Discuss cp12 liability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

definative answer to this please!.

person decides to buy a house so his son can live in it who he charges a fixed sum per month (say £600 p.c.m). this money is classed as a repayment for the loan of the money for the house which they have in joint ownership but not as a rent for tax purposes!. the father does not live at the property or have any right too.

is a landlord cert required or not?

thanks

i would say no,but needs to get it serviced yearly though himself

Technically it is still a rental but it only becomes a problem if they fall out

i say joint ownership! i beleive the son only ownes 25% of the property!!

my thinking is, heres my caravan, you can live in it as long as you like for free....oops, there all dead because i diddnt know there was a gas leak!. never mind, he got the use of it for nowt. wheres he stand for liability?

sons name is on land registry docs so why would he need to bother?

I would say if there is no rental agreement in writing between landlord and tenant, no matter who or what, then no liability would fall further than the occupier.
However as stated it would make sense just to get everything serviced and signed off once a year for peace of mind.

Yes if there taking money per month regardless of how its split afterwards , additionally I'd do it anyway for piece of mind

What is the world coming to? FFS, what is the cost of a CP12? I take it the father is the one raising the issue of responsibility. As a parent, you will and should go out of your way to ensure your kids stay safe. So why not pay and have the cp12 done? If the dad is worried about liability issues (because he believes his son is staying at property rent free) and he wants his son to take on responsibility, then he the dad should increase the ''rents'' by a nominal amount to cover any expense that is expected to cover for a cp12 etc. SIMPLES. It is not debatable.

my veiw is that if tennant is passing money then its for the use off (rent/repayment).
the father wants a cp12 but the son is saying he dont need one!!

this came to light when he said he wants to fit a cooker hob to a ncs cabinet arrangement, ie, the cabinets above = no clearance 380mm, the hood is only 620mm high. i told him he would a, find it hard to find someone to fit it and b, fail a cp12.
he was getting all arrogant about it but ihis dad did initially ask me to do the cert after he moved in, awaiting the go ahead on that!!

Last edited by a moderator:
my veiw is that if tennant is passing money then its for the use off (rent/repayment).
the father wants a cp12 but the son is saying he dont need one!!

this came to light when he said he wants to fit a cooker hob to a ncs cabinet arrangement, ie, the cabinets above = no clearance 380mm, the hood is only 620mm high. i told him he would a, find it hard to find someone to fit it and b, fail a cp12.
he was getting all arrogant about it but ihis dad did initially ask me to do the cert after he moved in, awaiting the go ahead on that!!

I seem to be drawing the wrong kind of crowd recently? Redshaw, take a look at the job I was meant to be doing this morning!!! replace a free standing cooker bought by a tenant.
Tenant had phoned me on Thursday saying cooker is being delivered on Sunday so I must be there to take old one out and fit new one. Claims she doesn't trust the delivery chaps who had agreed to replace on delivery? I told her wait till Monday morning, get someone else, or get delivery chaps to fit it.
When I got there, my jaw dropped. Wished I had turned her offer down completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cp12 liability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock