Discuss Costing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plm

Hello All
Newly Gas Safe Registered, would like advice on what to charge to replace radiant fire with live fuel effect type. Would have been a straight swap if not for the old radiant being fed by 12mm and new fire needing 8mm. As well as leak around restrictor elbow and bayonet connection on cooker!!!

I have charged £150 to a mate, who is questioning the cost. Would like a reality check please!!!

Thanks in advance :)

PLM

Last edited by a moderator:
You've replaced a gas fire, altered pipework, sorted out two gas leaks and only charged £150? If your mate is moaning about that its him who needs a reality check. Sounds a bargain to me.
Even the fact that you found a leak on the cooker bayonet shows that you have obviously done all your necessary checks and the complete gas installation is safe shows you've done a great job. What sort of mate is he/she?

spot on, never less than £120 so whats thirty quid he's having you on.

£150 quid. What kind of mate are you?

Thats about right tho (for a non mate) :)

£150 quid. What kind of mate are you?

Thats about right tho (for a non mate) :)

typical scot lol.

has he took into account your 4 years training - registration fees - what your best off saying to mates is 'listen i charge 200 for a fire instal i can be there most of the day, and i have to check the rest of house for leaks when doing my tightness test which has just saved you gas bill nevermind serious consequences - i knock 25 per cent off for mates so call it one fifty'

trouble is this day in age your getting newly registered fitters doing it for 60 quid.... youve charged a good price for an established business - obviously if you've done a good job you'll get recommended but probably he'll tell people your expensive! you cant win with mates me old pal. learnt that a long time ago.

To be honest i don't do "mates rates" for anyone. All pay the going rate.
What do you think my mates reply (moreso his wife's) if i asked him to take a half shift off his work (and the subsequent loss of wages) to give me a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Costing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock