Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cost to remove old electric immersion heater+ install an instant electric heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DuckyUC

I recent want to replace my old immersion water heater by a instant electric water heater,
I already bought the instant electric water heater (model DEX12 11.5kw)

I live in Birmingham near new st and get a quote of £89+VAT per hour
Is this charge reasonable? I don't understand why the quote are not per project?

For example if there are good electrician+plumber take 3hours to finish the work,
they get pay less then a bad electrician+plumber which take 9hours to do the job?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they seen the work involved in the installation of the heater ? If not that is why it is an hourly rate not a fixed price.

i think that because the guy who give the quote only receive the telephone , not the actual electrician or plumber who do the job

get a normal response from other plumber which said come to have a look tmr with electrician then give a joint quote for the whole project

Any idea to find good plumber/electrician? only google?

It is quite annoying those website let non-plumber/electrician to receive call have no idea what the job like
and have to wait plumber/electrician call back(very often don't)

Try posting your area on here,,,,maybe someone will come and look...

My flat locate 300M away from birmingham New St station, Free parking space provided. Anyone interest give a quote?

its not a straight forward job that can be quoted for over the phone. It will require a register'd sparks and a decent plumber or somebody who is both.

best get 2 to 3 quotes before letting anybody start work

some questions that require answering may be:

does my electrical supply have scope for the increased use?
will my fuse board need upgrading?
will my earth bondings need brining up to 17th ed of the regs?

what controls are required?
what safety devices? discharge positions?
lime scale protection needed?

without a site visit no body can give you a proper quote. Might be an idea to ask the heater manufacturer if they can recommend somebody.

its going to cost a fair bit and take more than a few hours at a guess.

its not a straight forward job that can be quoted for over the phone. It will require a register'd sparks and a decent plumber or somebody who is both.

best get 2 to 3 quotes before letting anybody start work

some questions that require answering may be:

does my electrical supply have scope for the increased use?
will my fuse board need upgrading?
will my earth bondings need brining up to 17th ed of the regs?

what controls are required?
what safety devices? discharge positions?
lime scale protection needed?

without a site visit no body can give you a proper quote. Might be an idea to ask the heater manufacturer if they can recommend somebody.

its going to cost a fair bit and take more than a few hours at a guess.

Went through all that with the op here -

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...3-instant-tankless-electric-water-heater.html

and here -

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...e-instant-electric-water-heater-exist-uk.html

Isn't the internet a wonderful (dangerous) thing, when you don't understand something you just keep asking, on & on, until you still don't understand but hay if you have bought an instantaneous electric water heater you sure as hell better get it installed. (& then moan when they can't give a fixed price quotation over the phone, LOL)

yes that is my old post, finally I found the ideal water heater that sale in uk.

I checked I don't need an fuse board upgrade as already got 100A.

2ppl vote £500+, is that expensive? so what is the exact price range? £700? or even more?

The new water heater itself cost £300 but I know labor do cost quite a lot in uk.

It is good to ask professional to have a idea isn't it?

No one understand everything in the world I guess.

You need to understand that all we know is you have the water heater. Everything else is a grey area.

You've got your quotes. Now you need to go with your gut.

The £89+VAT per hour not even the quote for the project, if they come and spend 10 hours to do the job that will end up with a bill of £1000!
I did call 6-7 difference company and waiting for call back from 2-3 of them. Almost half of them have no one answer the call. In birm new st most shop only sell cloths there not such a "local" plumber/electrician I could find except internet. That why I ask is there any other way (Web or network popular for plumber?) to find more plumber/electrician in my area. I only want to have a idea about the price range from this post, e.g. £500-£1500 etc, not exact cost. I understand in vary case by case but there still have a "price range" ?

Cost to remove old electric immersion heater+ install an instant electric heate

Any idea to find good plumber/electrician? only google?

It is quite annoying those website let non-plumber/electrician to receive call have no idea what the job like
and have to wait plumber/electrician call back(very often don't)

Not everyone can afford to have a plumber answering the phone dude.
A lot of plumbers have to filter calls when they are busy and honestly, customers who phone up and want a quote without the job being seen, who have already bought equipment without a guarantee it will work in their situation, either don't get a call back or get quoted a price that will cover everything.
You would have probably been better contacting three firms and discussing what would work best in your situation from the start.
They would then have been able to quote accordingly.

Re: Cost to remove old electric immersion heater+ install an instant electric heate

You would have probably been better contacting three firms and discussing what would work best in your situation from the start.

This is something you were advised to do in the very first place.

Hey ho, nice to know we're listened to!

get the plumbing done for £292

but the electrician come up and said need new wiring from fuse box
the company quote £640+VAT
he offer me £400 to get in done on Saturday

Re: Cost to remove old electric immersion heater+ install an instant electric heate

So i guess the whole project do cost £300 water heater+£300 plumber+£400 Electrician=£1000 in total

So i guess the whole project do cost £300 water heater+£300 plumber+£400 Electrician=£1000 in total
That's brilliant, so now you know what the final cost will be (Hope he is providing you with a Part P & Cert's on Saturday?). Let's just hope you are satisfied with the results of all your endeavors.

Thanks! The hot water seem a bit low pressure, not sure do people install a water pump to increase hot water pressure?

Is this thread a script for a new monty python sketch? I think it will be hilarious :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost to remove old electric immersion heater+ install an instant electric heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock