Search the forum,

Discuss corroded pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ziggybonbon

Quick question from a relative newbie. Council flat bathroom, slow bath and sink drainage. Bath now completely blocked. When plunged black bits return through the overflow. Plastic pipes have been attached to metal ones. Can the metal be corroded inside the pipe and that is causing the blockage. Any solutions? Tried commercial drain cleaner and plunger.

being as its council isnt it someone elses responsibility to clear it for you?

ive worked on some of these usually full of jelly like gunge council blokes come shove a snake down to make a small hole and go either needs a proper jet cleaner or cutting out

I was called out to blocked drains the other day and the cause was the council contracted a company in to blast all the moss off the roofs and some blocked the stink pipe, it was a row of terraced houses and a couple were private,
when you say metal do you mean cast iron, ?
Remove the shallow seal trap under the bath then check any manholes or traps outside are clear,
If you cant get it then alot of plumbers nowadys have little inspection cameras that they could put down the bath waste once traps out to have a look,

The metal will either be copper, cast or lead. They don't corrode.
You pay your rent to the council let them fix it.

Forgot to say welcome to the forum ziggy bonbon,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to corroded pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock