Discuss Copper Push Fit Fittings ? combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveafoss

What is the minimum distance a copper push fit fitting can be from a condensing boiler on the cold water inlet pipe, I have been told its 600mm but cannot find this anywhere

Steve

Copper push fit any distance you want some boilers now come with them as boiler connections

This is a good question Steve.
Most plastic is stated as at least 1m some recomend 2m, I fitted an oil combi a while a go and in the book stated minimum 1m copper away from boiler, thats fine all copper to the ceiling, then whip off the lid of the boiler and 2 copper push fit on the flow and return pipe work!! so is it the plastic case and not the O rings that are at risk of heat?

On the plastic pipe it's if the high limit stat fails, there's potential to generate conditions close to the boiler outside the specs of plastic pipe. That's the response I was given by an oil boiler manufacturer.

worcester state 600mm min copper pipe before the use plastic pipe. i would say that includes fittings including the rubbers in copper fittings.

I would have thought that on the cold water inlet you could put it any distance as you want unless stated otherwise as there is no real heat thats going to effect anything underneath a modern boiler.

I fit inline push fit scale masters close to combis , don't see a problem on the cold inlet .

do you think these copper push fits would one day be used more than soldered fittings ?

money doesnt seem to matter when it comes to trying new systems on building projects unless of course its for labour
personally i think we will wind up with some sort of hybrib crimp on fittings and plastic pipe for domestic i realy dont see push fit being the future in its present form

Last edited:
normally if its a heated pipe then its 2m away from boiler, if you have to install an end feed fitting then 400-600mm (dependant on manufacture guidelines) away from any soldered fitting to ensure the heat from the soldering does not effect the fitting and/or the o rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper Push Fit Fittings ? combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back