Search the forum,

Discuss Controlling ATAG, UFH, and radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evb222

I am planning to replace my current combi boiler with Atag a325ec (after lots of reading from the posters on this forum). I also want to install a two zone UFH in 2 rooms downstairs. Can someone help me to understand how the boiler/radiator control (if there was no UFH) would integrate with UFH controls? The underfloor heating system is supplied with the Heatmiser thermostats and Heatmiser UH1 wiring centre.

1. ATAG manual says that only battery operated volt free thermostats can be connected. Heatmiser UH1 wiring centre is clearly not battery operated, but does have a volt free connection. Can it still be connected to ATAG?

2. Can the boiler (ATAG) have a UFH wiring centre connected and another thermostat to control the radiators as well? Or the radiator thermostat will go into the Heatmiser wiring centre as well, which, in turn, will manage all of the connections?

3. If the answer to the above is yes, should I buy another Heatmiser thermostat for the radiators to connect to the UH1 wiring centre and not the originally planned Siemens REV24RF?

I apologize for such a long post, but I really need help...

evb222 ... You are right, "you really need help!" The volt free wiring for the boiler is achieved via the zone valves I believe so any control system should be compatable. There are many boilers out there and many control systems. Make yourself familiar with their concept and you'll be fine. I'm assuming you're feeling compitent to do all the work? You can always get a GS engineer in to advise you and fit the boiler and a sparky to do the wiring?

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Steve. I am not doing it myself. I have one plumber installing boiler, and then someone else installing the UFH, as it requires a lot of building work. The "boiler" plumber recommends ATAG a325 to be controlled by Siemens REV24RF. But he doesn't care about UFH, it's not his part. The UFH plumber says that the system can be connected to anything, but he is not familiar with ATAG. I am reading ATAG's installation manual and confusing myself...

evb222 .. who's wiring it all together? From what you write my instinct says stick with what the UFH guy says, even give him the whole installation if need be. You're the one who has to live in the home and you need folk who you trust and shouldn't need to come here or read up to be honest. The onus should be on the installer to alleviate your concerns not give you them! IMHO :)

Yes, the wiring will be done by the UFH guy. The question is: can the UFH wiring centre, where the UFH thermostats and actuators all "talk to each other", be wired in "parallel" with the Siemens REV24RF thermostat/controller for the boiler?

evb222 .. who's wiring it all together? From what you write my instinct says stick with what the UFH guy says, even give him the whole installation if need be. You're the one who has to live in the home and you need folk who you trust and shouldn't need to come here or read up to be honest. The onus should be on the installer to alleviate your concerns not give you them! IMHO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Controlling ATAG, UFH, and radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock