Discuss Conex spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodolphe

A few months ago I bought a random lot of tools and in it was a Conex (Z74) non-adjustable spanner, one end 22mm and the other 15mm, with a handle just long enough for a hand.

It's a brilliant little tool, super practical in cramped places because it is so small. Halas it's been used a lot and the teeth have widened a little. I want a new one.

Does anyone know where I can find a new set?

There are 2 types of conex spanner. The small open one like this which is probably the one you are on about
Conex-Spanner-22-x-15mm.jpg

or the ring key type like this

520676_wpdp.jpg

Either will be available on order from most plumbers merchants but they are quite expensive. Most of the old ones were freebies so you might get a freebie if you know or ever meet a conex rep.

Monument do a cheap version of one but it is too thin imo and not as good to use.
Monument 2032H Compression Fitting Spanner 15/22

You guys know EVERYTHING. It's incredible.

Tamz, the first pic you posted is precisely the one I want. It's comfortable to the grip and short-handled. I'll talk to my plumber's merchant, thanks.

And Wheating, if it comes to it I'll do what you suggest. But I like the one double-handed tool rather than another 2 bits to crowd my tote bag.

Thanks again guys :)

The ring type can be fiddly to put on. The open jaw sort are great do the job well been out for years. I have got the Toolstation one as well, good but big and a bit awkward in confined spaces. Being retired I now look at them most of the time and think "Glad I am not skinning my knuckles all day with them any more". But the old Conex open jaw is great. And they are handy on the occasional job I can still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conex spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock