Discuss Condensate soak away in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kel4783

Any one come across a condensate soak away in the cellar before. Ok

Done one before in a cellar was never picked up on contract as stuck it 600 mm away from any wall.

Mind you who cares anyway mine on my own house just sticks out the wall and runs onto the concrete path .

I will die before my house falls down

thats what MI says but obviously they took the easy options. It was on a landlord cert check. Wondered what it's catogrised at I'll speak to gas safe Monday am

Good luck speaking to GS! My experiance of speaking to them about anything is usually with them saying " well what do you think, or do what you think is best!" Unfortunately some of these regs are written in such a way that 10 different people can interpret them 10 different ways!
Anyway my interpretation is, if it's inside a cellar and a dry one, you don't wanna be digging holes, if you break through any form of membrane and there is a high water table, Yer gonna cause problems, personally I would go with Darren Jackson on this and fit a condensate pump if there is no drain to connect to.
Some cellars do have sumps with cellar pumps installed I would not consider using them as a condensate pump because the sumps are usually brick lined and the acidity of the condensate may seep through old mortar joints and contaminate the ground.

Done one before in a cellar was never picked up on contract as stuck it 600 mm away from any wall.

Mind you who cares anyway mine on my own house just sticks out the wall and runs onto the concrete path .

I will die before my house falls down
Much easier just to lay a new path section that messing about with a piddly condensate...[emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate soak away in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to the forum. Ive come across a commercial plant room with around 500KW of boilers where the condensate terminates outside about 4...
Replies
Views
hi. anyone used one of these before.. need to connect a hose from a condense pump to a w/c pan connector..these are for connection to soil pipe so...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock