Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Concealed toilet cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone please recommend me a good quality concealed toilet cistern?

Ideally I'd like one with a 'proper' old-fashioned Pegler brass float valve and a real ballcock, but I don't think these meet water regs any more, which is presumably why no-one is supplying them. I'm very unimpressed with the modern ones which all seem to be made out of flimsy bits of plastic which look as though they'll fail in next to no time, so I'd really appreciate a recommendation from anyone who knows if there is a reliable quality version out there?

Cheers

Elaine

Last few I did were the fluidmaster concealed cisterns from screwfix, £50 and very good quality parts, the flush valve has a longer cable than normal which is handy.
JC is right on and as he states nice cable arrangement, use these in our holiday lets , no come backs
as in holiday lets they can get bashed ...centralheatking. cable operated flush is ace, I put 5 into the Scotch Piper at Lydiate in their sit downs ..ladies and boys 15 years ago and all bar one are still happy.
centralheatking

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations, much appreciated. Two votes each for Screwfix and Vantage, but the one I'm replacing came from Screwfix and has been nothing but trouble, so I've checked out the Vantage and they do look better than the one I already have, though not as good as a 'proper' cistern.

I did think of just buying a tank and fitting my own Pegler float valve and siphon, but I think these now fail water regs because of the possibility of siphonage?

The Fluidmaster cistern I mentioned is sold by screwfix and other outlets and screwfix sell a few different brands. If you had nothing but trouble from your previous cistern it wasn't a fluidmaster one.
To be fair though, I fitted 4 Dudley cisterns in a factory 4 years ago and have had no call backs. Dudley stuff is pretty good.
If it was a toss up between Dudley and Fluidmaster in my own house I'd probably go for Fluidmaster, but wouldn't be upset with Dudley :)
Both are good choices.

The Fluidmaster cistern I mentioned is sold by screwfix and other outlets and screwfix sell a few different brands. If you had nothing but trouble from your previous cistern it wasn't a fluidmaster one.
To be fair though, I fitted 4 Dudley cisterns in a factory 4 years ago and have had no call backs. Dudley stuff is pretty good.
If it was a toss up between Dudley and Fluidmaster in my own house I'd probably go for Fluidmaster, but wouldn't be upset with Dudley :)
Both are good choices.

Thanks again, and I'll put Fluidmaster on my list too....

Reply to Concealed toilet cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock