Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Drill Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sama

Hiya guys.

Been looking around for a nice combi drill. Im new to the trade but wanted something that will last and needed some advice.

I went on to screwfix and found a makita 18v combi for £147. Its got one 3ah battery with it and the case contains all sorts of extras. Drill bits etc. I would really appreciate anybody heading over there and checking it out as im not really overly sure what else to look for in a drill. Am I right in saying makita is a decent make?

Thanks in advance people :)

Hiya guys.

Been looking around for a nice combi drill. Im new to the trade but wanted something that will last and needed some advice.

I went on to screwfix and found a makita 18v combi for £147. Its got one 3ah battery with it and the case contains all sorts of extras. Drill bits etc. I would really appreciate anybody heading over there and checking it out as im not really overly sure what else to look for in a drill. Am I right in saying makita is a decent make?

ah and nicad are yesterdays technology go lithium ion

ive got metabo power tools,good warrenty,good battery amps!(42mm holes in joists take there toll on a drill) dewalt,makita,panasonic,metabo,milwalkee,all good power tools! 3.0amp batterys are spot on,quick charge batterys! go to your local power tool place,ask for a shot and have good feel see what you like personaly.

Hiya guys.

spare battery, what £90?

i always go on the price of the battery replacement then what other tools are available using the same packs.

what do you want to use the drill for? if you dont know then wait till you do before buying or get a top of the range 18v (OR 28/36V if you can afford)

ni cad rules!!!

Well im on bathrooms at the moment. Mostly for basic carpentry, drilling in to brickwork and a few other things. Nothing too tasking, and our work has rented sds's etc for the more demanding jobs.

Sorry if the description was a bit vague. The drill is a Makita 18v Li-ion. I just wasnt sure wether I had to be looking for other details. Torque etc.

There are 2 versions of the drill you are looking at and the best one has a 3rd speed setting that gives you 80 N of torque!

Basically this beast will gun through joists like there is no tomorrow!

the drill your looking at is okish, if you want it to do demanding tasks get the top of the range one thats about £250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Drill Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock