Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler keeps losing pressure over a week. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I am enquiring on behalf of my mother. She has a combo boiler installed and its now been losing pressure every week for the last month or so.

There is no obvious leaks around the radiators.

She had someone from her home insurance home emergency team come and have a look. My mother said the guy came and told her that the combi boiler should be on all the time and because its not on there is an issue with wiring and he is not going to look at it further.

What are your thoughts? Should this be the case and shall i get a gas engineer to have a look at it?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Do away with emergency cover and get a local GSR engineer to take a look. Problem is that insurance companies have set protocol so if something is outside this they walk away

hi great will do that. And do you think that the combi boiler should be on all the time as in switched on but not fired up as he suggested?

thanks

Leave the power to it on, it needs permanent live for certain functions.

Last edited:
:iagree: leave it on it won't cost much to leave it on standby

Sorry I may have not put the situation correctly.

I'm not switching the boiler on or off. When I look at the boiler when there is no hot water use or heating then its off. When the heating is turned on or hot water being used the display comes on and shows increase in temp and fires up. Should this be the case?

Thanks

Sorry I may have not put the situation correctly.

I'm not switching the boiler on or off. When I look at the boiler when there is no hot water use or heating then its off. When the heating is turned on or hot water being used the display comes on and shows increase in temp and fires up. Should this be the case?

Thanks

Yes sounds like it's working as it should be , any pipes in concrete floors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler keeps losing pressure over a week. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock