Search the forum,

Discuss Cold radiator in extension in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in a 3 storey 5 bed house. Moved in beginning of March.
Every radiator is hot bar one - the double 2m wide 700 high one in extension. Had a heating engineer come out in May, clean system and fit magnaclean.
My system is a pressurised cylinder which is on the top floor.

I took that radiator off today and flushed with hose and clear water came out. Fitted rad back, bled system and put the pressure back up to 1.5. Every rad is still hot bar the one in the extension.

the pipe work is 10mm plastic and a new pump was fitted in May. I hope that helps

Yeah checked all that and was fine. I used to be a builder so I kind of know the basics.
[automerge]1606643964[/automerge]
Sorry I also meant to say that the top gets like warm where the bottom stays cold

Does it get hot if you shut down all other rads? If so - balancing issue most likely.
If not :

Check that it has a flow and a return, and that it doesn’t have two flows (or two returns) -you’ll need to trace the pipework back to where it tees in - I know it’s unlikely but I have come across it twice.

Reply to Cold radiator in extension in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock