Discuss Cheap drain rods in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Good evenings

A word of warning.

I bought a cheap drain rod set for under £20 and when I was testing it, it snapped on one of the joins. Luckily I managed to get it out of the manhole and when I tried the rest of the joins in my hands and bent them a little over 90 degrees another 3 or 4 snapped, one on the plastic but the rest the metal joins failed. Total rubbish.
From this I have learnt a valuable lesson:

If you buy cheap tools, they will let you down.

Funny isn't it? I bought a cheap SDS+ hammer/rotary stop drill from B&Q for 29 quid! (The Bosch equivalent was £300+). It came in a nice plastic carry case with a year's guarantee and some drills and chisels so I thought I couldn't go wrong even if I had to throw it away after 1 year.

Well that was 4 years ago and it's still going strong after many a hole drilled via a cavity wall for drainage etc.

Sometimes the rules don't seem to apply!

i use use the steel drain rods better than them nylon ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cheap drain rods in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock