Discuss changing from conventional to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andypandy

i am changing from a conventional boiler to a condensing combi and have bought a 29kw vokera with a 15 mm gas inlet would this be ok to use with the 15mm instead of 22mm or could there be problems.
i had a heating engineer in to give me a quote on fitting and said to get a boiler with a 15mm connection as it would save him and myself a lot off hastle and has not got back to me.
whats your thoughts on this.

thanks for any replies
Andy

Any competent gas engineer would know what size of gas pipe you need, and how to connect it to the boiler no matter what size the boiler's inlet connection.

I suggest you contact a couple of other GSRs and get proper advice.

Was the heating engineer a friend of a friend or family?! Get one who works safely. And if he's recommended a vokera that's like a double kick in the knackers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to changing from conventional to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What pipework changes are needed to replace a conventional open vented gravity boiler to a combi boiler ? Would toilet flush/cisterns need replacing ?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this is an old question but here goes. I'm looking for some advice regarding switching from a conventional boiler to a combi. I moved...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
I'm considering changing our current Conventional/Regular Gas boiler, to a Combi. The main reason for doing this, is so that I can run a more...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock