• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Central Heating programmer with WiFi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Prestige Properties

Hi all, I was wondering if someone ever heard of a system boiler programmer with WiFi. My niece lives in social housing and has gas central heating with system boiler and copper cylinder for domestic hot water also she has a room stat in her hallway and a 2ch programmer in her kitchen and she asked me was there such a thing as a smart central heating programmer that would replace the programmer in the kitchen that could connect to the WiFi to allow her to turn her heating on when she was heading home from work but as she gets home at different times normal setting the programmer to come on at a set time every day wouldn't suit her. She can't install anything like Hive or other types of wireless thermostat as her tenancy agreement forbids her from altering her electrical circuits.
Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance
Prestige properties

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
What programmer is currently installed? Hive or similar would be better, but one maybe a straight swap. Social housing don’t usually mind, as long as it’s the same as when she moved in.

Prestige Properties

Hi sorry for not getting back to you sooner. She has a Horstmann LP112
2 channel programmer

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
I don’t think Horstmann do a LP112, Drayton do, if it’s the latter then keep the backplate on, install Hive onto the existing backplate, and when she’s ready to upgrade, move out, then she can swap it back. (Keeping the existing programmer).

Reply to Central Heating programmer with WiFi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net