Discuss Central Heating Pipes make banging noise at night in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manorpurl

Dear all,
Hope everyone is doing well!! New postie here, so take it easy on me pls fellas.

We (including our little boy) sometimes get woken up every single night by pipes clanging, banging when Central heating comes on at night. Our is a 5 bed house in south london. When i opened up a few floor boards, i noticed that the pipe work was pretty shoddy. At certain places, someone had used nails to hold the pipes in place, etc.

Solution i thought would be call some plumber and get the problem seen.

I had 2 quotes:
1. Change Central heating copper pipes to plastic ones - £750 for materials and labour.
2-3 days work

2. Connect existing copper pipes to clips and install pipe insulation - £220 for materials and labour. 1.5 days work.

So i wanted to ask you fellas what you think is a better solution going forward. Obviously, option 2 is tempting because of cost but whether it would be effective.

Thank you.

What boiler do you have,if combi. maybe possible to turn gas pressures down on heating side to slow heat up of pipework thus cutting down on fast expansion

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Pipes make banging noise at night in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back