Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating not working 3 port valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Not posted for some time but come up against a small problem.
Been off the tools for many years now but I think I know the issue but looking for some reassurance
Boiler isn't firing when programmer and room stat is calling for heating, but does for HW.
It's a Y plan system, new house and only just noticed so not fully inspected.

From memory if the motor isn't working it won't turn to CH and send a signal out on orange to fire the boiler, am I right?
I don't know the type of valve, will check tomorrow but I guess it hopefully just a case of fitting a new motor?

Unless the microswitch Isn’t making, motor could be fine and microswitch faulty. Should get 240/230vac on the orange if making on switch. Could even be room stat, though unlikely.

Reply to Central heating not working 3 port valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock