Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating not working 3 port valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Not posted for some time but come up against a small problem.
Been off the tools for many years now but I think I know the issue but looking for some reassurance
Boiler isn't firing when programmer and room stat is calling for heating, but does for HW.
It's a Y plan system, new house and only just noticed so not fully inspected.

From memory if the motor isn't working it won't turn to CH and send a signal out on orange to fire the boiler, am I right?
I don't know the type of valve, will check tomorrow but I guess it hopefully just a case of fitting a new motor?

Unless the microswitch Isn’t making, motor could be fine and microswitch faulty. Should get 240/230vac on the orange if making on switch. Could even be room stat, though unlikely.

Reply to Central heating not working 3 port valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock