Discuss CENTRAL HEATING INHIBITOR TO ADD OR NOT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Adey are all plastic as far as I remember. Flowflex market a smashing all brass job which in
my opinion is really very good
AND I did not design it
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

They may be plastic but in my opinion are the best on the market made realy tough and great at capturing not only magnatite but also non metilic debris also. A doddle to install. They do a mini version for tight spaces also. And used alongside a magnacleanse makes powerflushing done in a fraction of the time.

Cast iron heat exchanger? Never had inhibitor before? If that’s the case adding inhibitor will be the start of your problems. Pure water in a flushed system with no oxygen will do you for years. You won’t have sticky gloop bleeding out of joints and leaking trv spindles. We never had half the problems in the days before mass marketed inhibitors as we have now.

Cast iron heat exchanger? Never had inhibitor before? If that’s the case adding inhibitor will be the start of your problems. Pure water in a flushed system with no oxygen will do you for years. You won’t have sticky gloop bleeding out of joints and leaking trv spindles. We never had half the problems in the days before mass marketed inhibitors as we have now.

But now we have small bore hex' s, small dwh plate hex's small bore pipework and TRV's. If they where on the old boilers and systems they would never cope with it without a good inhibitor in the system.

But now we have small bore hex' s, small dwh plate hex's small bore pipework and TRV's. If they where on the old boilers and systems they would never cope with it without a good inhibitor in the system.

Fitted many Vaillants back in the early days. Instructions stated no inhibitors required on sealed systems. Those boilers never suffered from the issues we see today like perished o’rings, leaking from spindles etc. Inhibitors aren’t widely used on the continent either but it’s big business in this country, we just chuck the stuff in without really understanding it.

Fitted many Vaillants back in the early days. Instructions stated no inhibitors required on sealed systems. Those boilers never suffered from the issues we see today like perished o’rings, leaking from spindles etc. Inhibitors aren’t widely used on the continent either but it’s big business in this country, we just chuck the stuff in without really understanding it.
I agree totally, we had the first Vaillant
branded van packs in Somerset x5 mid 1980,s great boilers we
never ever fitted a filter. However the heat exchangers are now very small and the water pathways are almost molecular so any debris of any any sort will give the things a terminal heart attack ..its not progress really,
Rob Foster ..aka centralheatking

Reply to CENTRAL HEATING INHIBITOR TO ADD OR NOT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back