Discuss CENTRAL HEATING INHIBITOR TO ADD OR NOT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Im having some new radiators put in Ch pump changed and 3 way port ,
System will be drained down.

Plumbers comments : if he adds inhibitor i will need to add filters to the system otherwise it could lead to damage to the boiler.

This i have no problem with but he cant fit today , should inhibitor still be added

present set up ideal logic slim line classic boiler , vented system with 11 rads
there are no filters on the system. boiler was fitted 2004 new build , pipe work is plastic.

any advise ?

Isolate boiler, drain down, fit new parts, refill and flush, flush until clear, fit a filter, fill system
check for leaks, drain, add inhibitor, refill, open boiler valves, test ch water with chemical test paper, simple then
maintain system Rob Foster aka ...centralheatking

You should always add inhibitor, everytime you drain the system And check the concentration of the inhibitor every year in case it needs topping up. It is best practice to add a cleaner prior to the drain down and let it do its work for a day or two. then fill up with fresh water and flush that out as well before filling up for the last time and adding the all important inhibitor. installing a good quality mag filter to the return before the boiler is also recommended but not a must have.

Thankyou for the quick reply

ill talk to him about fitting a filter and see when he can fit that in hes pretty busy , so while i'm waiting on the filter being fitted should i add some inhibitor.

it may be a couple of weeks before he can fit me in
Is it a long job to fit the filters ? could i run out to a plumbers merchant and get him a filter today ?

Something like this ?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/adey-cp1-03-00022-01-2-magnetic-filtration-22mm/49961

Sorry about all the questions im at work and the wifes trying to deal with the plumber .

Something like this ?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/adey-cp1-03-00022-01-2-magnetic-filtration-22mm/49961

Sorry about all the questions im at work and the wifes trying to deal with the plumber .

That is exactly what you need, can be installed in 20 mins no problem if the system is already drained. and then you can also use it to add the inhibitor.

do
Thankyou for the quick reply

ill talk to him about fitting a filter and see when he can fit that in hes pretty busy , so while i'm waiting on the filter being fitted should i add some inhibitor.

it may be a couple of weeks before he can fit me in
Is it a long job to fit the filters ? could i run out to a plumbers merchant and get him a filter today ?
Do it today, he should know that anyway chking
get some inhibitor while picking up filter

Something like this ?

dont pay till he has done the job properly ...filter and inhibitor..
is the proper job centralheatking

I have been asking for for couple days about adding inhibitor it comes to the last day and then he mentions filters.

Wifes on the way to screwfix hes saying hes short on time but if i blonk the part down in front of him he may get it fitted .

So much to learn.
Forums like this are invaluable and the professionals who provide the correct advise

A thank you to all that help and respond to all threads

keep up the good work

I have been asking for for couple days about adding inhibitor it comes to the last day and then he mentions filters.

Wifes on the way to screwfix hes saying hes short on time but if i blonk the part down in front of him he may get it fitted .

So much to learn.
Forums like this are invaluable and the professionals who provide the correct advise

A thank you to all that help and respond to all threads

keep up the good work
There is ONLY one forum like this....UKPF...populated by kind, experienced, professional
people..let us know how it all pans out....centralheatking

Reply to CENTRAL HEATING INHIBITOR TO ADD OR NOT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock