Discuss Central Heating Flushing Advise Required Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigredone

Hi,

I would like please some sound impartial advice from a Professional Timeserved Plumber on this potential issue.
I recently had my house refurbished, which included the Heating system renewed. All the radiators and the Combination Boiler were replaced with new but the existing supply pipe was not replaced. I asked for a Magnaclean Filter to be also fitted to the system.
The Plumber completed the refurbishment as per the following sequence:
Replaced the Radiators
Flushed the existing pipework with cold water until the water was running clean
Fitted the combination boiler to the system
Fitted one magnaclean filter to the incomming water feed to the boiler
Engergised the boiler and allowed it to remain operational for 2 weeks, then cleaned out the Magnaclean filter which was covered in black sludge and replaced the filter and re-energised the Heating System and told me to leave the central heating system running for a further one week.
Plumber returned to site and then temporaily removed the Magnaclean filter system and fitted a Special Mobile Twin Magnaclean Filter System which the Plumber said 'would give the Heating System a good clean removing any crap in the system. He left the Special Magnaclean system on for 24hrs and then returned to site the following day.
The plumber then cleaned out the twin Magnaclean filters which were full of Black sludge again and then disconnected the special mobile twin Magnaclean Filter system.

The plumber then refitted the standard Magnaclean filter, added inhibitor and told me the new central heating installation was now completed and ready to use.

Is this installation sequence correct?

Should the existing Pipework and Raditators have been isolated from the the new Combi Boiler, connected to the Special Mobile twin Magnaclean Filter System, flushed for say 24hrs and then fitted with the standard Magnaclean Filter to complete the flushing process to give maximium protection to the New Combi Boiler. The told me there was no need to this as the standard Magnaclean filter provided protection to the boiler from the onset.

Please could anyone of you professionals advise me the correct flushing process if what I have witnessed is not correct.

Regards,
Red.

I agree and it sounds like you had a lot crap in your system and he's gone above and beyond to get rid of it.

A powerflush might have helped in hindsight.

Brilliant thorough clean..

I've just been back to service the first boiler I fitted and flushed after buying my magnacleanse.

The opened the magnaclean and it was spotless. As was the system water. Very impressed.

I went back to my first install. Pipe work was beautiful. Expected it to be hall of same job but doubted myself too much.

Job well done :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Flushing Advise Required Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock