Discuss Can't believe the price of boiler spares! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 of the main suppliers I buy from for spares had 800k worth of spare in one storeroom I was told by parts manager 1 day. He had another store upstairs and a large yard full of boilers/burners rads and all plumbing equip too. That's some outlay alright. Then he has another branch the same on d other side of the city.

Probably cheaper to split boilers and sell the parts individually lol.

Thats what they do with japanese motorcycles.
New bike say 8,999
Parts total 41,000

Motorcycle news did this a few years ago. Im sure it wouldnt work witj boilers as too many parts would be redundant - but good if it did lol !!!

What boiler age do you guys decide if its end of life?

on average not talking isars etc

What boiler age do you guys decide if its end of life?

on average not talking isars etc

Depends on the cost of the repair. Sometimes a customer may choose to get a new boiler if a heat exchanger fails at 7 years old, however if a thermistor goes wrong at that age its definitely not time to replace.

I let the customer decide. Unless multiple pars have failed, or it's a brown Baxi leaking everywhere.

Probably cheaper to split boilers and sell the parts individually lol.

Thats what they do with japanese motorcycles.
New bike say 8,999
Parts total 41,000

Motorcycle news did this a few years ago. Im sure it wouldnt work witj boilers as too many parts would be redundant - but good if it did lol !!!

I remember the motorcycle news article, they built a Kawasaki ZX7R from new spares parts at the time a new ZX7R was about £7000.00 but cost about £25000.00 to build from individual parts

Went on a course for a well known boiler manufacturer who admitted / proudly told us that a part that most of us were paying £90 for was costing them £8 - hence their ability to offer fixed price repairs for £200 ish as they can afford to throw parts at it, if necessary. Parts a rip off but suspect they are being used as method of them recouping costs on the original sale / development of boilers which to be fair are now cheaper generally than 15 yrs ago.

Maybe the manufactures are pushing up spare prices so it would push all customers to go for a fixed price repair by the manufacturer instead??

With these long warranties, it's great. The servicing is done to keep the warranty, and if there's anything wrong you throw it back to the manufacturer.
I don't hate breakdowns, I just don't like not knowing how long a jobs going to take. I like to be home by 4.
I sometimes even recommend they call the manufacturer, specially ideals and worcestors.

Went on a course for a well known boiler manufacturer who admitted / proudly told us that a part that most of us were paying £90 for was costing them £8 - hence their ability to offer fixed price repairs for £200 ish as they can afford to throw parts at it, if necessary. Parts a rip off but suspect they are being used as method of them recouping costs on the original sale / development of boilers which to be fair are now cheaper generally than 15 yrs ago.
Glow worm or ideal ??
Pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't believe the price of boiler spares! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock