Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone recommend a Timer with more Time Settings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

events

I would prefer to have heating come on 4/5 times through the night, yes I know I can adjust/control the thermostat at the radiator but don't want heating running constantly throughout the night, would like to have it come on for a 30 to 45min blast and 4/5 times throughout the night, currently have a Drayton Lifestyle and find it's very limited (only 3 timed periods)

Why don`t you get a Programmable wireless stat then you can set your target temperature throughout the night. ie if temperature drops below 16 degrees it will come on until that temperature reached.

I would prefer to have heating come on 4/5 times through the night, yes I know I can adjust/control the thermostat at the radiator but don't want heating running constantly throughout the night, would like to have it come on for a 30 to 45min blast and 4/5 times throughout the night, currently have a Drayton Lifestyle and find it's very limited (only 3 timed periods)

get an engineer in to explain how to use a modern programmable stat, and consider having an outside sensor/compensator fitted and your dreams will be answered, then though dont fiddle once its been set up and working

It doesn't make sense to time control a boiler like that on a properly designed and configured and controlled system.

I know of one device that will do exaatly what you want.

My question though, instead of jumping to a product / solution is WHY? What do you want to achieve?

I don't think you are going to gain anything, blasting it on and off through out the night. Just keep it on a moderate temperature ticking over, it will use a lot less energy, if you have good insulation in the building.

Agree but the product best suited to this is
PROGRAMMABLE ROOM STATS heating controls by MYSON
24 individual time points ( so 24 possible on and offs) 3 settings high medium and low so about 1500 different combinations of heating permutations

Like it, now do you know of a similar one for a cylinder / cylinder stat?
Looking for one to cope with multiple renewable sources so that I can prioritise what to use when it's available.

I know of the Danfoss WP75-RF, however that's going obsolete :)
Someone must do one!

Come on lads this one available from Srew-fix
a peg type time switch for the oldies think there is a on and off peg about every half hour, nothing wrong with my memory
ÂŁ9.00 simplez, thought you would have known this one Ermi:ciappa:

ae235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also use a repeat electronic timer that will turn on and off at a regular intervals, they can be set, seconds, mins,hours, RS or CPC do them but are fixed
once its set, drive you crazy all night ticking pipe on and off, pump bagging on and off, could have soft start, did I just say that....grhhhhhhhhhhhhh :oops:

Forgot those, got an old Horstmann one with toggle switches in the shed somewhere!

It's not dual channel / dual temp I.e different temps at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a Timer with more Time Settings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock