Discuss British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kimbo

A friend of a friend of mine has a vaillant gas combi and it is just out of the 2yr warranty. He took out a BG service contract and the pressure keeps dropping on the gauge and he has to keep topping it up every day. He has had BG out 6 times and all they say is there is nothing wrong with it and to keep topping it up. He has put the fault codes on the internet and apparently there are loads of hits saying that the boiler thinks that there is a fault with the diverter valve even when there isnt. He is now faced with Vaillant coming out to do the job and will try to charge BG for the callout.

He'll get nothing! tell them to read the terms and conditions of their contract with BG! Vaillant might wave the cost of the repair of they find it's just out of warranty, if they're lucky :)

If it's proved that BG are in fact at fault, he just needs to take the proof and address it to the local manager.

If, for some reason it isn't sorted he then needs to address it to the Chairman, the complaint then gets sent to the Regional Manager (who runs all the local patches) as it will be classified as a 'High Level' complaint, these go to the Regional Manager.

Each Regional Manager is measured by the amount of 'High Level' complaints in his area and more importantly, if they are sorted within the correct time frame.

If the customer is right and the complaint isn't sorted to their satisfaction then hold out, if it's not sorted in the correct time frame it is then escalated to the General Manager and then it will get sorted as they will be cheesed of it's got to that level!

The higher it goes, the more insignificant the compensation is to that person, Regional Managers probably have budgets around the £40m mark in an average area so just hang out for the right result (if in fact you are right)..........

Tell your mate to cut his losses cancel the contract with bg and save the money to pay a good local engineer.After 3 years of that contract he has paid bg almost enough to have a new ecotec installed

BG, I rest my case. Attended an install 2day by a former BG chappy who has decided to go Solo. Naught wrong wiv that as I applaud those who eventually do.
But because all help (while working for BG) is at the end of a phone, laptop, smart fone, etc, a few of them who go solo soon find there is no one at the end of the phone to tell them what should be done.

It's a newly fitted boiler, but the amount of faults, beggers belief. FRIGHTENNING, absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back