Discuss british gas v national grid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

did a heating pack last week for social services.
i was told last monday that n.grid were coming to install a meter!. he turned up opened the supply stick to see if the supply was live. which it was as i heard it, then he disappeared?. come thursday i thought where the hell is my meter so another call to the office they tell me there is a court order on the supply, can i come back next week to commission the boiler?.:crazy:

today, turns up at the job at 9;30am come noon a call to the office 'wheres the meter'? only to be told they b.g are busy and will be there at 3pm!!.
come 2;50 b.g turn up with a meter only to find there's no gas.wtf...:13:

the grid guy screwed the supply back off instead of leaving as is.
now i am back at square one, trying to sort the grid with b.g to finish the job before i can sign off and get paid.:angry_smile:
wonder what their like changing light bulbs?

by the way, i am trying to make an impression with the customer for future work and my quote was not the cheapest by a 'few hundred' but they have used me before and trust me!.:shocked: i have also done some f.o.c work already (stopcock blew off first thing monday, got wet through).

q; do you think i should bill them for the waste of the day or ride it?.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would bill the utilities billing the customer wont endear them you red

i agree bill the utilities, they're the ones at fault after all.

I wouldnt bother billing as they will just blank you and then what will you do ?

No..i promise you that the best course of action is to go to the appropriate website be it BG/NG or whatever and file an official complaint. Make sure you head your submission with the word "complaint"..er..otherwise it isnt a complaint,its just correspondence.

had a confirmation from them friday, i will be paid my normal daily rate on top of the invoice for further commissioning visit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas v national grid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock