Currently reading:
british gas v national grid

Discuss british gas v national grid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

did a heating pack last week for social services.
i was told last monday that n.grid were coming to install a meter!. he turned up opened the supply stick to see if the supply was live. which it was as i heard it, then he disappeared?. come thursday i thought where the hell is my meter so another call to the office they tell me there is a court order on the supply, can i come back next week to commission the boiler?.:crazy:

today, turns up at the job at 9;30am come noon a call to the office 'wheres the meter'? only to be told they b.g are busy and will be there at 3pm!!.
come 2;50 b.g turn up with a meter only to find there's no gas.wtf...:13:

the grid guy screwed the supply back off instead of leaving as is.
now i am back at square one, trying to sort the grid with b.g to finish the job before i can sign off and get paid.:angry_smile:
wonder what their like changing light bulbs?

by the way, i am trying to make an impression with the customer for future work and my quote was not the cheapest by a 'few hundred' but they have used me before and trust me!.:shocked: i have also done some f.o.c work already (stopcock blew off first thing monday, got wet through).

q; do you think i should bill them for the waste of the day or ride it?.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would bill the utilities billing the customer wont endear them you red

i agree bill the utilities, they're the ones at fault after all.

I wouldnt bother billing as they will just blank you and then what will you do ?

No..i promise you that the best course of action is to go to the appropriate website be it BG/NG or whatever and file an official complaint. Make sure you head your submission with the word "complaint"..er..otherwise it isnt a complaint,its just correspondence.

had a confirmation from them friday, i will be paid my normal daily rate on top of the invoice for further commissioning visit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas v national grid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock