Discuss British Gas RD1 360 lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carried out a service on the BG RD1 360 after 2 years not in use! Boiler failed to ignite before service no surprise but fired up Ok for about 10 mins after service but then locked out. Not had a chance to carry out any diagnostics as yet, will do on next visit. In the meantime has anyone experienced lockout problems with these boilers (Ideal classic I think)?
Fan, pump runs, LED sequence on start up proves OK. Goes to lockout & LED3 flashes. Boiler will restart and then goes to lockout. Any ideas before I investigate further? Would be most grateful for your assistance, thank you.

Checking mi's - LEd3 flashing >1/s = sensor faults; <1/s + lockout!

So I'm guessing lockout? I'd say check flame picture? Flame sensor position? Flue way for blockages? ..etc :)

Lockout for sure.....I always carry out a thorough service which includes a complete boiler strip down, baffles, heat exchanger, flue-ways etc, gas pressures, gas rate etc goes without saying. Flame picture fine, pilot burner & electrode gap 4mm as per manufacturers instructions. Unfortunately had no time to carry out component checks hence the posting. I suspect it maybe the sensor harness but only speculating at this point. Thanks again for your feedback

LED3 flashes approx every second with LED4 off, boiler extinguishes after approx 60 seconds without reaching temperature. MI,s suggest sensor fault?

Hi guys I have the rd1 and it comes on fine but after 30 seconds it cuts out and the after another 40 seconds it will come back on there is a ticking sound that comes from the unit also any ideas please help I'm freezing my n... Off

Hi guys I have the rd1 and it comes on fine but after 30 seconds it cuts out and the after another 40 seconds it will come back on there is a ticking sound that comes from the unit also any ideas please help I'm freezing my n... Off

Hi Badboi ... It may pay to start a new thread my friend :) But sounds like you need a GSR engineer to get your n... warm once more :lol:

Further to my previous posts? After some further diagnostics I concluded that the heat exchanger was blocked also identified the cold feed blocked. Re-fabricated cold feed arrangement and power flushed boiler and hot water cylinder sections avoided power flushing existing micro-bore! Removed and flushed individual radiators. Filled system and boiler/central heating system works perfectly. Note: need to be mindful of fault LED's, they do not always tell the whole story.

Hi Badboi, you have a very good boiler that will give you many years of good service providing it is looked after by a component GSR engineer. I'm with diamondgas on this one, take note; its far cheaper and SAFER in the long run.

Having a similar problem with the same BG RD1 boiler (RD1 60, IIRC). Lockout, press the reset, fan starts up for a few seconds, and then stops again. When I drop the control panel down, LED3 is flashing <1/s. However this is an intermittent fault. Sometimes clears with a hard reboot (turn off at wall, turn on at wall), but not always.

Followed the fault finding guide, and got the point where I check for 230v at the overheat thermostat. I'm getting 160v instead, which makes me think that the problem is a dodgy connection. Although the thermostat looks like a thermocouple arrangement so not too sure how that is affected by voltage.

Times have changed here Jim. You need to hand over your GSR details if you want gas advice. See the sticky at the top of the forum. Hope you get it sorted anyway.

Hmm, every time a GSR bloke comes near the boiler it works fine, making fault finding a bit of a pain.
We have found a repair man locally who has promised to come round when the fault re-appears and goes hard (rather than intermittent), but I don't know how computer savvy he is, and whether he would come on here himself.
I guess promising not to touch anything to do with gas won't help, will it? Thought not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas RD1 360 lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back