Discuss Booster pumps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntheplumb

Gas Engineer
Just wondering what kind of booster pumps for entire plumbing systems people are installing at the moment. I'm coming across a lot of Grundfos MQ3's only lasting 4/5 years. They are a costly piece of equipment to be only lasting that length of time??

:iagree: although they are more expensive and I have never replaced one so I don't actually know how long they last.

:iagree: although they are more expensive and I have never replaced one so I don't actually know how long they last.

Or had certain reptile like company try and slip out if their obligations.

If you do fit salamander the Graham's own brands pumps are just re boxed salamander ones!

Your not wrong we ahve had a MQ3 go down after 4 years and guess what grundfos
when called could not give a T**s considering the thing cost almost ÂŁ1000 we were not really happy in the end we took it apart and rebuilt ourselves CHK
Just wondering what kind of booster pumps for entire plumbing systems people are installing at the moment. I'm coming across a lot of Grundfos MQ3's only lasting 4/5 years. They are a costly piece of equipment to be only lasting that length of time??

Salamander are spot on just install it as per instructions been fitting them for years

Ok then stuff Grundfos - seems good to me CHK mander are spot on just install it as per instructions been fitting them for years[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Booster pumps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience with using Domestic Booster Pumps to raise the pressure of the hot water in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Back