Discuss Boiler/shower/central heating problem...looking for advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justa wee question about my combi boiler and shower.
My DIY knowledge ispretty limited and before I call out a plumber or heating engineer(not sure who to call lol) I thought I would ask the experts on here.
My boiler is 8 years old now and when I first had it installed itwould heat up the 7 radiators in the house fine.
In the 8 years, Ihave replaced 4 radiators and now my boiler seems to struggle.
I haveto turn my kitchen radiator right done for the living room radiatorto heat up and vice versa. Also for the downstairs radiators to heatup decent, I have to have the bedroom ones turned down to setting 2.
Is there possibly a problem/fault with my boiler or is it due to thefact I have replaced my old radiators with slightly larger ones?
Nextquestion is about my shower.
My mains pressure is great and my showerI have is 10.5kw power shower, but I have to have it turned rightaround to the hot setting for it to be decent, but when I do there isno pressure. Is this due to my boiler or is it due to being a crapshower?
If my water pressure is good and if my boiler is fine whatwould be the best shower to have? Either a power shower or one thatruns of the mains (if that makes sense)
Sorry also meant to say thatwhen I run a bath I have to have the hot water on slowly to be hot asif I run it pretty fast the hot water goes luke warm pretty quick.
Thanks for reading this long post and hopefully someone can give me awee heads up before I call someone out.

1. Your radiators need to be balanced. Read this thread. http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/87115-croppies-balancing-thread.html

2. It sounds to me more like you have an electric shower rather than a power shower which isn't compatible with a combi anyway. It's winter. It's cold. The incoming water supply is colder meaning that you need to slow the flow through the shower to achieve the temperature you're looking for.

3. A combi is an instantaneous water heater. As above the slower you run the water the hotter it'll be. It is what it is.

When was the boiler last serviced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler/shower/central heating problem...looking for advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock